Sunday 6 April 2014

Monthly Goals - April!

Without sounding cliche, 'I cannot believe it is April already'! It really feels like I have only just got back from Cornwall after New Year. 

Just like at the beginning of March I am going to give myself some monthly goals whilst at the same time reviewing the ones from last month. Spring is one of my Fav times of year, I love that it is staying lighter for longer, I love Easter and hopefully the weather will start to become nicer very soon! Happy April Everyone!


Keeping Fit
I have started back at circuit training and have kept up once or twice a week for 5 weeks now. I am already feeling better and seeing positive results. Whilst we were training for the 10K race last year we stopped with any core strength training and I definitely felt the strain on my lower back. I prefer combining cardio, weights and core strength exercises for an all round effect. I haven't actually got back into running but now the evenings are getting lighter I will hopefully fit in a couple each week. So my goal for April is to just make sure I keep up my fitness because it helps me mentally as well as physically. 

Staying Positive
I really feel like I have tried very hard with this goal throughout March. I feel much better for having a different perspective on things. This has been due to a combination of things but starting back working again has had an impact on how I feel and just being around lovely people has made me feel much better about life in general. I have recently decided to stop caring as much about people who don't care about me and waste time getting hung on what other people think. I believe I have met certain people for a reason recently and this month I am going to concentrate on those who want to be part of my life. I have definitely started to accept myself more and I already feel so much happier just being able to be myself. Basically I just need to keep up with this thought pattern everyday in April! 

Blogging
Throughout March I have continued to receive amazing feedback about my blog and the posts I have shared. I have had numerous messages from people including some I don't even know saying I have already helped them and they can relate to what I have written. I can't even explain how genuinely happy I feel that I can actually help and make a difference by doing something I am so passionate about. It has given me the motivation and encouragement to keep writing it and hopefully I can develop some of my further ideas to help people in April.  


Spring clear out 
I have decided I am going to sort my wardrobe out at some point very soon. I am going to donate all the clothes I don't really wear anymore to Charity Chicks in Rotherham. Not only will I be making more space in my wardrobe I will also be helping towards the fundraising for a very important charity. 

All proceeds from the Charity Chicks Boutique go to support children’s charity SAFE@LAST. SAFE@LAST works in South Yorkshire with children and young people who are sixteen and under and at risk through running away.  They provide a range of services including a helpline, one to one support for young people and their families, education and prevention project, detached street work project and the only children’s refuge in the UK.  
I have started volunteering for SAFE@LAST on their helpline and part of their preventative education programme. Their work is amazing and inspires me to continue with my passion of helping people. 




No comments:

Post a Comment