Wednesday 25 June 2014

Chunk Days...

I am just writing this blog post whilst in sunny Bournemouth, it has been really nice to get away from everyday things and have a complete change of scenery. This post is more of a short but sweet one compared with my usual ramblings.

Anyway, here is some more valuable advice from my Auntie I wanted to share with you all because I have found it really helpful myself. I am sure many people with anxiety or the tendency to over think and worry will be aware of getting that overwhelming feeling when a big/important day is coming up or maybe you are going to have to do something which you are afraid of. 

It is pretty easy to get yourself into a huge ball of anxiety and panic before that day has even arrived and so when it does actually happen you feel horrendous and it just reinforces the fact that you are scared of that thing in particular. I can feel quite anxious if I have a day where lots of things are going to be happen and I am going to be really busy. I tend to see the day as one big mix of all the things together and as a result begin feel under pressure to feel OK for the whole day. Busy days can be stressful even for those who don't worry very much. 

Basically, if you have one of those kind of days coming up you should try to break the whole day into small manageable chunks and therefore each little thing doesn't seem so overwhelming. Each time you achieve or complete one of the chunks you already feel better about the day and realise it isn't going to be as bad as you thought it was going to be.  

It may even be helpful to make a list of the different chunks of your day and tick them off as you have done them, this also helps to see how far you've come and that you were perfectly fine whilst doing so, which in turn gives you more and more confidence when you have another big day coming up. 

I have used this method in a number of different situations and it really does help!



No comments:

Post a Comment