Thursday 19 February 2015

Happy 1st Birthday It's always tea time...

Exactly a year ago I wrote my first ever blog post . Never in a million years did I believe I would get the response I did.

I am literally overwhelmed sometimes that people say my little blog has actually helped them personally. That's all I wanted to do and all I want to carry on doing.
Even just helping one person have that conversation with someone that they haven't been feeling themselves recently, somebody taking the massive step in telling their own personal experiences or just putting a smile on someone's face with a positive quote, I feel like I have accomplished exactly what I set out to do.

One massively negative part of my life has resulted in so many positives. I have made new friends and got in touch with old friends too and I feel so grateful for having that opportunity.

I want to give people the courage to stay strong and not give up. Believe that you can do it no matter how long it takes and how many times you try. The more times you experience those terrible feelings, the more you start to realise that you will only come back stronger. The feelings may start to get less and less but it's because you aren't scared of them anymore. Accept the thoughts and feelings instead of fighting them. Tell yourself you have been here before, you have felt this crap before and you were ok and you will be ok again.

Think of your mind like a garden. You have the power and the resources to plant what thoughts are in there. Some gardens take a little more looking after than others and some grow weeds. But you have the opportunity with the right help to get rid of those weeds and replace them with the flower 's you like the best.





No comments:

Post a Comment