Sunday 2 March 2014

Monthly Goals - March



Get fit 
I really want to get fit and healthy again. I am hoping to run a 10KM race in June and would love to be able to complete it in under and an hour. I have started back at circuit training again, I have actually missed the sweating and the aching, I feel so much better for doing it. 

Drink more water
This will be a continuous goal for me as I don't drink nowhere near enough water. I am really crappy with drinking anything except tea and always wait until I am thirsty which is very very bad. 

Stay Positive 
Being a natural born worrier this can sometimes be a struggle for me. I have got better at thinking more positively recently. I need to keep it up and not let my pessimistic mind take over. I am going to take time to not 'sweat the small stuff' and when I notice myself feeling anxious or worried take a step back and try and take a look at the bigger picture. After going to see my therapist lady, she got me into the habit of writing down or making notes every time something made me panic or feel anxious, this helps me see that the things I am worrying about probably aren't as big a deal as they seem in my mind, when I see them in black and white.



Eat Breakfast
Again, this is another thing I am really bad at. I rarely actually have a proper breakfast ever. I often don't feel hungry when I first wake up and can sometimes even skip it all together, or only drink a cup of tea. My boyfriend eats breakfast everyday and after spending a few days with him and him making sure I ate something made me realise how much better you feel if start the day with something. Even at first if you don't really feel like you could eat anything. It gives you more energy, you don't get the sickly gripey feeling which encourages you to grab something quick and sugary and it keeps you feeling full till at least 12 o'clockish. 

Keep up with this blog
I have read other people's blogs for quite a while now and always wanted to write one myself. But I thought I wasn't creative or cool enough to do it. I am so happy and grateful for the response I have had so far. The range of different people who have sent me messages or shared my blog posts have been amazing. I am so glad to be helping people and making a difference however small it may be. 

Accept myself for being me
This is something we can all be guilty of and people often don't see the amazing things in themselves which other people do. I am going to try and start accepting myself with my flaws and all. I have always been my own worst enemy and give myself a hard time when something goes wrong. I am particularly bad when I have wobble with my anxiety, and see myself as a failure. Accepting that anxiety is a part of me has been a big chunk of moving forward for me. Everyone has bad days and deals with them in different ways. From now on I am going to try and accept my wobbles and I know that have and can feel better again.



My sis pointed this picture out to me the other day from my Auntie and Uncles wedding last year. (Nearly a whole year ago actually)  It reminds me of how perfect the day was and how excited we all were to be bridesmaids. I feel lucky to be so close to my cousins and sister, we have had times when we haven't seen as much of each other but nothing ever changes when we do. Not many people make me laugh like these three do.


No comments:

Post a Comment